Rice Cereal Challenge

Rice Cereal? Has anyone ever dug up the courage to actually dip the tiny utensil in the bowl and taste what you were feeding your kid? Well...I did. Yep! You heard me right. I dipped that small, plastic eating device in the bowl of mush and actually took a bite. And you know what??? It wasn't that bad. Will I sneak a bite with every dining experience? Probably not, but at least I know what all these small children go nuts over; Rice Cereal.
Logan is now just slightly over 5 months and I started him on Rice Cereal. In the rice cereal would go, into the mouth and then out the rice cereal would come, out of the mouth. We played this game for a few days until he finally got it. Logan will eat the cereal and keeps most of it in his mouth. He is even intrigued by the spoon and trys to feed himself. I only give it to him once a day, in the evening. He hasn't seem to need anymore than that. We are moving onto Veggies soon..."bring on the peas and the green beans!" I'll let you know how it goes. With all the picky eaters in our family, I'm hoping that I can get Logan interested in a variety of foods so that I don't have to battle with him later on in life. We'll see if my plan works...Haha